We've come a long way on this bathroom project, but it's the painting that has made all the difference. Like I said before, we can just stop here because I am so happy with the fresh white. But we also needed the essentials, which finally made the bathroom really function.

I guess I am just so happy with the paint, that I'm not so motivated to add the finishing touches, and this week I didn't make much progress on the bathroom. Good thing I'm part of the One Room Challenge, to keep me motivated to finish in five weeks! But I also have a good excuse for the lack of progress. We are working hard on the Fidalgo Fixer project, and I can't justify giving up house working hours to work on the bathroom.

But we did do some important work on the bathroom. I went into the shower, and got down on my hands and knees to pull out all the mildew caulk and grout. After cleaning this up, I re-caulked along the bottom, and finished it off with a grout sealer. This isn't the prettiest work, but it is necessary in a tiled shower and every homeowner should be able to do these maintenance tasks. See the picture above for the products I used.

We also got started on the shelf pieces and I put on coats of walnut stain and poly. We have the pieces ready to be installed now.

And here is our little guy in the Fidalgo Fixer house. I just had to leave you with a baby picture!

And here is our little guy in the Fidalgo Fixer house. I just had to leave you with a baby picture!