Here's what a homebody Saturday looks like in the Marquez household. We naturally wake up early, I was up at 6:15 am, Tim even earlier.
1. Gym. A good sweat is the best way to start the day. We dropped in at Mt. Baker CrossFit and did our own wod, and it was a good one! 6 rounds of 2:00 with 1:00 rest. 8 power cleans, 10 shoulder to overhead, 12 squats (goblet or air), finish with max kettlebell swings. The two minute sprint was a burner. Tim finished with a total of 80 kettlebell swings (heavy weights!), I squeaked in 100.
2. Then we stopped by urgent care, because that's what you do when your platelets are low. Today I have less at 8,000. But luckily, the blood doctor isn't worried yet and I'll get them checked again tomorrow. I'm super thankful for meeting the nicest nurse in the world who really listened to me (especially when I told her I refused to go to the ER - umm, I'm not bleeding to death yet!).
3. At home we cooked up some popcorn for a snack while we prepared a real meal of ground turkey and broccoli.
4. The afternoon was a relaxing one with computer and tv shows, and eating and reading. Then Tim took a nap and I got the productivity bug and cleaned the bathroom. We also hung the mini blind.
5. For better internet and to get out of the house, we went to the Starbucks up the street and I got house rehab work done, while Tim watched some sports or shows or something.
6. Back at home we ate dinner and puttered around. I watched half an episode of Dexter, but because I don't like anything scary, blood, or death, I couldn't pay attention and tended to cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming, and organizing my desk. It was a super laid back evening as we continued to listen to the heavy winds blow. That's our calm, but productive Saturday.