I read a lot of other blogs, and I'd like to mention some of the ones that inspired this little creation.
1. Erin Napier started a daily journal on Jan. 1, 2010 and I've been a daily reader for about a year now. She and her husband not only sell local products on their website, but they are the stars of the HGTV show Hometown from Laurel, Mississippi. I've been following their story before the airing of the TV show, and I have to say that I'm a huge fan. I love the daily journal format and that really inspired how I write content here.
2. While I was trying to figure out my method of writing daily without going crazy or taking up all my free time, I heard about gratitude journal and the simplicity of writing down five things you are thankful for each night. It was the inspiring DIY Big House Love blog, that got me to their new podcast, where I heard Sherri talk about this journal method. So that's how I came up with the list of five. I feel like I have the freedom to write a quick list if needed, or expand more if I had more time. I'm loving their new podcast - they are so lighthearted and fun, and Sherri's laugh will keep you smiling all day. They have a crazy blog success story from posting about a kitchen remodel back in 2007, to now living off their blog and their books and products. And of course I love all the DIY and home remodeling content.
3. My sister is the real writer of the family and created a blog back in 1999 when you had to write the code yourself. I won't reveal the topic of the old blog (a slight obsession with a certain celebrity), but her website now is top notch, professional, full of great information; and she did it all herself! You've got to check out Bright Vegan for a colorful looking design and so much great information about the vegan lifestyle.
4. I love, love, love wedding photographer's website. Who doesn't like to look at beautiful pictures of two people in love? Katelyn James takes the most beautiful pictures! And while we've never met, I know we would be friends; also because we are both expecting our first babies in February 2017.
5. I've got to give a shout out for the website I visit most often - Bigger Pockets. They have almost a million members who participate in the forums and write articles. I love all the information and have logged in over 500 forum posts. I also have a blog over there called Diary of a Real Estate Daughter where I share stories and lessons in real estate.
And my hope is that my small area of curated words can inspire. If anything, it inspires me and makes my heart happy to have a place to publish the words of my life.